Our rental application is completely electronic, and you can apply online for any of our vacant units. Please visit our available rentals page. Once you have found a property you wish to apply for, click ‘View Details’ and then click ‘Apply Now’ on the rental listing. We will review your application and follow up with further instructions.
Thank you for considering House Match in your search for a rental home. We apply standardized and consistent guidelines for all applicants with the goal of matching qualified tenants desiring a home in the Temecula/ Murrieta or North San Diego Areas. We adhere to all Fair Housing laws. Please refer to the following policies available on our website prior to completing this application:
General Application Guidelines
- All persons that are 18 years or older, or emancipated minors, must each complete and sign a separate rental application.
- Each applicant must submit a $35 non-refundable application fee before we will begin the verification process.
- Applications are reviewed on a first-come / first-served basis. However, if more than one application is received in the same general time frame, they will be reviewed together and approval will be based on the best qualified applicant.
- We will obtain a credit history and background check for each applicant.
- We will verify income and employment documentation for each applicant. Please provide most recent pay stubs. If you are self-employed, you may provide your prior year tax return, including 1040 and Schedule C, as well as bank statements showing income.
- Pets: We do have certain pet restrictions. Please provide complete breed list of any dogs, including a picture.
- We will verify rental history or home ownership for the last 3 years for each applicant.
- Applicants must have a verifiable gross income of 3 times the monthly rent to qualify. Applicants can qualify with 2.5 times the income with owner approval.
- Renter’s insurance is a requirement and must remain in effect during the entire tenancy. If your lease allows pets, the policy must contain coverage for pet damage and/or injuries caused by pets.
Acceptance and Move-In Procedures
- All applicants will need to provide a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID, State provided ID, or Passport.
- If your application is approved you will be notified ASAP. Once you are notified you will be given the lease agreement. You must sign the lease agreement and deposit the security deposit before the house will be taken off the market. We still will be marketing this house and if you delay on these two items we will start processing another application and you will lose the house. All payments must be done through the tenant portal. The tenant portal allows you to pay with checking account, (No fee) or credit card. (Fee Applies) Fees include the first month’s rent, security deposit, pet deposit, and any other fees specified in the lease agreement.
What Would Cause An Automatic Decline
Pet Breeds Not Allowed
Credit Score Requirements
Average Credit Score (all Adults)
650 – 850……………………………………Credit portion approved can still be declined for other reasons
600 – 649……………………………………Credit portion approved, but higher deposit might be required
550 – 599……………………………………Declined usually unless credit is due to one issue must have strong income and larger deposit
300 – 549……………………………………Declined no exceptions
If you have reviewed our policies as well as the above guidelines and procedures and feel that you are qualified, please continue below and complete the application.
House Match follows all fair housing laws which prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, disability or any other form of arbitrary discrimination.
Thank you again for considering House Match. We look forward to welcoming you to your new home!