Do you want to visit, invest in, or live in Murrieta, CA?
Murietta is a true pearl of Southern California. The area has affordable housing for its real estate market, endless recreational opportunities, and a growing number of local businesses.
Murietta stands out with its wide variety of activities. Located in the heart of Temecula Valley, the city’s surroundings are abundant with fun activities for you or your whole family.
In this article, we are going over the top things to do in Murietta and its adjacent areas. You’ll learn about the best dining, hiking, shopping, and family fun options available to you in Murietta, CA.
This five-tiered waterfall features more than a 150-ft drop. The view is spectacular as you see the rushing water make its way over the majestic rocks.
Most people who visit Tenaja Falls can choose to go on a nice hike up to the falls. However, you don’t have to hike to see the falls if hiking doesn’t interest you. You can horseback ride instead!
Old Town Temecula
California’s beautiful historic towns are still here for exploring. Temecula has one of the nicest preserved Old Town areas in California.
Here, you can comfortably stroll in the Old Town roads, sample the various food and enjoy the quality wine offerings.
The streets are lined with storefronts that look like exact replicas from the late 19th century. You can find a surprising variety of businesses catering to both locals and visitors alike.
Should you feel that it’s time for a more extended stay, you can stay in a vintage hotel right in the historic district.
Copper Canyon Park
One of the local favorites for outdoor activities is the Copper Canyon Park. Here, you can lounge, sunbath, or just sit and relax with family and friends. You can also enjoy the biking and walking trails when you’re looking to get active.
Families with children can also enjoy the playgrounds located inside the park.
Pole Position Raceway
Are you ready for some adrenaline-fueled adventure? Pole Position Raceway boasts a selection of electric go-karts that can race up to 45 miles per hour. The track layout is switched around every three months to keep things interesting for frequent visitors.
However, Pole Positions isn’t only a destination for go-karting. You and your kids can also have a blast playing some of the arcade games.
Pole Positions Raceway always provides the necessary equipment for a safe and worry-free experience.
Enjoy Fine Dining
Murrieta is a perfect destination for fine dining. There are quite a few dining spots with absolutely delicious foods and great wine pairings.
Here are some of our top recommendations:
- The Chef’s Grille: This place serves excellent gourmet food. Try their Chicken Pesto Panini, Blue Crab Cakes, or Port Rouge Tri-Tip. All the foods are cooked by a real skilled chef who creates stunning results in the kitchen.
- Nonno’s Ristorante: Decadent Fettucine Mare e Monti or Fettucine Alfredo are just some of the highlights of this restaurant serving prime Italian fare. The taste is homemade and the ingredients are of the highest quality.
- Hana Sushi: If you want to enjoy sushi with an abundance of flavors and textures, then opting for Hana Sushi is a great bet in Murrieta and Temecula area. Ask for Tempura Lobster Roll and Shrimp Ceviche Roll for something out of this world.
Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve
Murrieta is home to Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve, a wonderful protected area that has some of the most beautiful scenery in Southern California.
This eco-reserve was created with the objective of protecting delicate local ecosystems. Among other habitats, Santa Rosa protects bunchgrass prairie, vernal pools, and riparian wetlands.
Santa Rosa is a perfect place to encounter different types of wildlife. You may see coyotes, snakes, bobcats, deer, and hawks. Additionally, the area is home to threatened or rare species as well, including western pond turtles and white-tailed kites.
Mulligan Family Fun Center
Mulligan Family Fun Center is a recreational park that offers a stunning repertoire of activities for the entire family. This is one of the nicest attractions in the area for families with children.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Play miniature golf on two 18-hole courses that have water and sand traps
- Have your kid hop on one of the kiddie rides like Frog Hopper and Tea Cups
- Form teams and compete in an intense game of Lazer Tag in a 2,200 sq ft arena
- Enjoy a splash on cool water slides and a pumping station
- Enter a completely new world by going for the Hologate attraction complete with state-of-the-art VR headsets
The Final Word: Things to do in Murrieta, CA
Murrieta has plenty of activities to offer for both visitors and local residents. There are wonderful natural attractions and hiking trails available, including the Santa Rosa eco-reserve and Tenaja Falls.
Families with children are going to love the Mulligan Family Fun Center that has anything from laser tag to modern VR-games. And, Old Town Temecula is always a short drive away allowing you to take in the sights and sounds of this historical district full of dining and entertainment options.
For more information, contact House Match Property Management.